For the years 2012-2015, we hereby pledge
- Initiate public dialogue and advocacy to
improve road safety outcomes in the five pillars of the Decade of Action
for Road Safety, namely, Road Safety Management, Safer Roads, Safer Vehicles,
Safer Road Users, and Improved Post-Crash Care
- Where possible, strengthen our capacities
and mobilise new resources to implement evidence based multi-sector programmes
and projects for reducing road crash death and serious injury.
- Support National Societies in their efforts
to implement road safety programmes with support from the Global Road Safety
Partnership as IFRC reference centre.
- Contribute to improved road safety by systematic
management of our own transport operations and by the encouragement of
the personal contributions of our staff and volunteers to good road safety
- Report on progress with implementing this
pledge at the 19th session of the Red Cross Red Crescent General Assembly
and the 32nd International Conference.