1 Strengthening international humanitarian law
4 Strengthening disaster laws
4.2 Legislation for Disaster Risk Reduction
Proposed Evaluation Criteria :
1. Thailand has become a state party to the 1977 Additional Protocol I of teh 1949 Geneva Convention.
2. Increase in IHRLand IHL training for security personnel.
3. Systematic and comprehensive disaster management mechanisms to prevent and alleviate disasters have been put in place.
4. Increase in healthcare collaboration programmes between state authorities and the Movement in order to provide women and children with equitable access to healthcare and consequently contribute to reduction in maternal and newborn mortalities in line with the Millenium Development Goals (MDGs).
5. Explansion of the activities of Red Cross Youth Volunteers across the country and increase in the activities of local authorities and volunteers on disaster relief.
Pledge text :
1. to expedite the process to become party to the 1977 Additional Protocol I of the 1949 Geneva Convention;
2. to promote cooperation with the Movement on International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law training for all security agencies on a regular basis;
3. to promote capacity building in disaster prevention, early warning, mitigation, preparedness, relief and recovery through systematic integration of coordination and cooperation amongst relevant public authorities as well as strengthen partnership between the Government, the Movement, civil society and the private sector to support such efforts for affected people to be able to receive assistance inclusively, adequately and promptly, while bearing in mind the importance of the Guidelines for the domestic facilitation and regulation of international disaster relief and initial recovery assistance;
4. to strengthen the partnership between the Royal Thai Government and the Movement in equitable access to health services particularly healthcare access for women and children in rural areas and border provinces; and
5. to empower and enhance participation of communities, volunteers, and local authorities in providing humanitarian assistance to people, including migrants, particularly in times of crisis
Gov - Thailand