2 Strengthening local humanitarian action
2.2 Building stronger National Societies
Proposed Evaluation Criteria :
- Discussions on furthering the auxiliary relationship took place and entered into practice at all levels of the public administration and of the National Society
- Action steps taken lead to increased regular and predictable resourcing by the public authorities of the NS activities, functioning and organisational development
- Action steps lead to increased access by the National Society to the vulnerable in the country
- National Societies report improvement in the environment for volunteering in their country over the past 4 years
Pledge text :
(Name of Country) and the xx Red Cross/Crescent will engage in a specific dialogue on how they can implement the resolution to effectively develop, manage and extend productive partnerships at all levels that contribute to strengthen the xx Red Cross/Crescent and its volunteer base. This will include the following actions.
1. (Name of the country) and the xx Red Cross/Crescent will initiate or pursue dialogue to define clear and reciprocal responsibilities.
2. The strengthening of the xx Red Cross/Crescent legal base in domestic law, in accordance with Movement standards, through sound Red Cross/Red Crescent laws.
3. (Name of the country) to create the conditions for more favourable access by the xx Red Cross/Crescent to people in need.
4. (Name of the country) and the xx Red Cross/Crescent will agree on a predictable and regular flow of support and resources adapted to the operational needs of the xx Red Cross/Crescent, its good functioning and long-term organisational development.
5. (Name of the country) and the xx Red Cross/Crescent will create and maintain an enabling environment for volunteering:
a. review relevant national law and policies and work to strengthen such frameworks as appropriate;
b. ensure safe access for volunteers to all vulnerable groups;
c. integrate volunteer capacity into domestic emergency response plans at all levels;
d. promote volunteering through measures encouraging citizens’ engagement in such activities;
e. deepen understanding of the role and impact that Red Cross/Red Crescent volunteers have in national social and economic development, as well as in responding to crises;
f. facilitate the voluntary work of the xx Red Cross/Crescent and support its efforts to mobilize recruit, train and retain volunteers.
6. The xx Red Cross/Crescent includes adequate provisions defining the status, as well as the rights and duties of volunteers within its statutory and constitutional base instruments.
Gov - Botswana
Gov - Serbia
NS - Afghanistan
NS - Benin
NS - Botswana
NS - Bulgaria
NS - Burkina Faso
NS - China
NS - Côte d'Ivoire
NS - Gambia (the)
NS - Jordan
NS - Latvia
NS - Libya
NS - Mozambique
NS - Myanmar
NS - Philippines (the)
NS - Romania
NS - Senegal
NS - Serbia
NS - Suriname
NS - the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
NS - Uruguay
NS - Zambia